Your pet is important, not only as a patient receiving medical care, but as a unique member of your family deserving personal attention. As such, we offer a full range of routine veterinary services. From the moment you walk in the door, our experienced staff will assist you and your pet. During routine visits we will ask you about your pet’s diet, behavior, and a nose to tail exam will be performed. We will make sure vaccines indicated for your pet are all up to date and test your dog for heart worm disease once per year. A stool sample will be tested yearly for both cats and dogs. We encourage you to ask questions of us as well and express any concerns you may have about your pet.
Twice a year for life! – find out why we think six month exams are so important!
For information regarding special services such as Surgery, Dental or Lab Work, click on the link Above & Beyond.
A doctor is on-call for after hours emergencies.
- Our Kitten Wellness Plan is a comprehensive preventive health maintenance plan for your cat.
- Our Puppy Wellness Plan is a comprehensive preventive health maintenance plan for your dog.
- Senior Wellness Plan CANINE A Preventative Health Maintenance Plan For Older Dogs
- Senior Wellness Plan FELINE A Preventative Health Maintenance Plan For Older Cats
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
To provide services as promptly as possible to all patients, we request sufficient notice for cancellations or rescheduling, so we may offer vacated slots to other clients.
• Exams should be changed by 8am the day of your appointment.
• Surgeries & dentals require 24 hours.
• We do charge for appointments which are missed or canceled w/o such notice.
• If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for an exam, you may need to reschedule the appointment in order to be courteous to other clients.
We appreciate your understanding & cooperation in order to effectively serve all clients & patients.
Please refrain from using cell phones during your visit.
If you need prescriptions for your pet(s), please request them 24 hours in advance whenever possible. Please review our information on internet pharmacies here.
For your convenience, many medications, foods and supplements can be purchased from us through our website – Liberty Vet Online Pharmacy
Duration of appointment
Appointments may vary in length due to the nature of the visit.
• Initial visits may take 30 min to one hour.
• Follow up appointments may require 20 min or less.
• Technician appointments generally take 15 min or less.
Emergencies can sometimes be seen during normal business hours. To help us make your visit more efficient, please call ahead to alert us you are on your way.
After hours, a registered vet tech is on call to answer your questions if needed.
• When warranted, the doctor or staff may recommend you go directly to the CARE Center or MedVet where 24/7 emergency care is available.
• New Care Center clients can pre-register to help expedite any possible visits.
• AAHA offers some helpful information on Pet Emergencies to help you prepare.
PLEASE NOTE – while we are open M-F @ 7:30 am, appointments do not start until 9 am or later. We may not have a doctor on site until appointment time. If you need help determining if your pet needs emergency care or not, a registered veterinary technician will be available to see your pet and help you decide it if is best for your pet to stay with us for the day or go directly to the CARE Center or Medvet.
Be prepared with a Pet Emergency First Aid Kit