More Love. More Life.
Caring for your companion, the right way.
Your pet is important, not only as a patient receiving medical care, but as a unique member of your family deserving personal attention. As such, we offer a full range of routine veterinary services. From the moment you walk in the door, our experienced staff will assist you and your pet. During routine visits we will ask you about your pet’s diet, behavior, and a nose to tail exam will be performed. We will make sure vaccines indicated for your pet are all up to date and test your dog for heart worm disease once per year. A stool sample will be tested yearly for both cats and dogs. We encourage you to ask questions of us as well and express any concerns you may have about your pet.
Twice a year for life! – find out why we think six month exams are so important!
- Online Pharmacy
- Wellness Packages
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
- Appointment Duration
- On Site Pharmacy
We offer an online pharmacy for your convenience as well. From preventative medications to long term medications, and even your pet’s food, can be found on our online pharmacy! Our online pharmacy is different from other online pharmacies in that you can be assured that your pet’s medication is coming directly from a safe and trusted distributor (just like where we obtain our on site pharmacy medications). These medications can be conveniently shipped directly to your house, saving you a trip to our hospital.
Endoscopy allows us to view the internal portion of the stomach, intestines, and colon to guide us in your pets diagnostic process.
Ultrasound offers us the ability to view your pet’s internal organs in real-time. It is a non-invasive procedure with very few side effects. Our doctor’s have the capability to perform both abdominal and cardiac ultrasounds to help in the diagnostic process of your pet.
We offer both digital dental and whole-body radiography for your pet. This allows us to have immediate access to images that will help us to determine the best treatment plan for your pet. During your pet’s dental cleaning, we can use dental radiology to view below the gumline where most dental disease begins. Our whole-body radiographs allow us to see your pet’s internal organs that can’t be seen during a normal physical exam. This allows us to find many types of underlying or developing issues and provide a faster diagnosis and treatment plan to help your pet!
- Our Kitten Wellness Plan is a comprehensive preventive health maintenance plan for your cat.
- Our Puppy Wellness Plan is a comprehensive preventive health maintenance plan for your dog.
- Senior Wellness Plan CANINE A Preventative Health Maintenance Plan For Older Dogs.
- Senior Wellness Plan FELINE A Preventative Health Maintenance Plan For Older Cats.
We offer an on-site laboratory for quick results and answers for your pet when they are feeling under the weather. We have the ability to perform several tests including: Complete blood cell count, blood chemistries, urinalysis, cytology, heartworm screening, viral testing (feline leukemia virus, feline immunodeficiency virus, parvovirus in dogs) and fecal analysis.
We also partner with several off-site laboratories for more complex tests. If recommended by one of our Doctors, we will be sure to share the results as soon as they are available. Most of our off-site laboratories will have results in 24-48 hours.
We can’t ask our dog or cat to sit still during a dental cleaning, therefore the dental procedure is performed while your pet is under general anesthesia. Our registered veterinary technicians perform the dental cleaning and diagnostic radiographs, all while being monitored by the veterinary staff at all times. You can rest assured knowing that your pets safety and health are our top priority.
Sometimes, extraction of teeth may be necessary. This procedure is performed by our Veterinarians. We use the safest anesthetics and local pain blocks, along with additional injectable and oral pain medications to ensure your pet is comfortable.
Our surgical area is specially designed to provide a sterile environment to keep your pet safe. Our veterinarians and registered veterinary technicians will provide general anesthesia and the best pain relief there is. Our staff is always learning new and improved ways to not only keep your pet safe during surgery, but offer pain relief to your pet in their time of discomfort. We offer routine surgeries (like ovariohysterectomy, neuter, mass removal) and more extensive surgeries (like splenectomy, foreign body removal). Your pet will be monitored the entire time they are under anesthesia until the moment they are awake and start to walk away. We are also excited to now provide Laser Surgery that provides quicker recovery times, less bleeding, less pain and more benefits!
Emergencies can sometimes be seen during normal business hours. To help us make your visit more efficient, please call ahead to alert us you are on your way.
After hours, a registered vet tech is on call to answer your questions if needed.
- When warranted, the doctor or staff may recommend you go directly to the CARE Center http://www.carecentervets.com/contact or MedVet http://www.medvetforpets.com/cincinnati where 24/7 emergency care is available.
- New Care Center clients can pre-register http://www.carecentervets.com/pre-register to help expedite any possible visits.
- AAHA https://www.aaha.org/pet_owner/lifestyle/aiding-your-pet-how-to-provide-care-in-an-emergency.aspx offers some helpful information on Pet Emergencies to help you prepare.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
To provide services as promptly as possible to all patients, we request sufficient notice for cancellations or rescheduling, so we may offer vacated slots to other clients.
- Exams should be changed by 8am the day of your appointment.
- Surgeries & dentals require 24 hours.
- We do charge for appointments which are missed or canceled w/o such notice.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for an exam, you may need to reschedule the appointment in order to be courteous to other clients.
Please refrain from using cell phones during your visit.
Appointments may vary in length due to the nature of the visit.
- Initial visits may take 30 min to one hour.
- Follow up appointments may require 20 min or less.
- Technician appointments generally take 15 min or less.
On Site Pharmacy
We have an on site pharmacy to offer needed medications to your beloved pet. From antibiotics to probiotics; thyroid supplementation to renal support; short term to long term pain management. If we do not have a specific medication that your pet needs, we will be sure to find a way for you to obtain the medication.