RESCUES & SHELTERS
- GRRAND (golden retriever rescue) 866-981-2251
- H A R T (homeless animal rescue team) 513-379-7514
- PAWS 513-422-7297
- Precious Secret Sheltie Rescue 513-336-0559 (phone/fax)
- Purebred Rescue – 866-841-9137 x 1233
- Recycled Doggies 513-275-5842
CAT ONLY RESCUES & SHELTERS
- OAR – Ohio Alley Cat Resource
- Purrfect Friends Cat Rescue (Cincinnati) – Voicemail 513-557-2107
- Save our Strays 513-768-3600
- Save Cats & Obliterate OverPopulation Inc – SCOOP (Cincinnati) 513-771-2967
- Scratching Post 513-984-6369
LVH is pleased to offer top of the line parasite prevention. Talk to us about which are the best choices for your pet.
- Bravecto for dogs oral chew every 12 weeks for dogs
- Bravecto for cats – topical every 12 weeks for cats
- Interceptor plus monthly oral chew for dogs and cats
- Vectra 3d canine – monthly topical prevention
- Vectra 3d for cats – monthly topical prevention
- Advantage Multi for dogs – topical heartworm and flea prevention
- Knockout Area Treatments and foggers
- Kills active flea infestations and prevents infestations from developing.
- Prevents re-infestation for 7 months.
Other parasite preventatives are available through our online pharmacy
Why do you need monthly Heartworm Prevention? The American Heartworm Society has lots of info!
Protect Yourself and Your Pet: Be Online Pet Pharmacy A.W.A.R.E
- AAHA – American Animal Hospital Association
- AKC – American Kennel Club
- Anesthesia – What You Should Know About Anesthesia Before You Schedule Your Dog’s Veterinary Procedure
- ASPCA Poison Control As the premier animal poison control center in North America, the APCC is your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. (Consultation fee may apply)
- AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) Lots of information and downloadable brochures on pets for all ages.
- Canine Cancer Awareness – donate money or request help
- Cat Breed Selector – “If you’re interested in a purring feline companion, you’re not alone. Statistics show that cats are now the most popular pets in U.S. households. But, with dozens of breeds out there, which one is right for you? Our question-and-answer guide can assist you in making this big decision.”
- The Care Center, Tri-State’s first and largest multi-specialty emergency/critical care hospital. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 513-530-0911
- Care Credit Need help paying for costly healthcare procedures your insurance doesn’t cover? Want convenient monthly payment options, no up-front costs, no prepayment penalties and no annual fees? If so, then Care Credit could be the answer for you. And, if you need more time to pay for your procedure, you can take advantage of our extended payment plans with low, fixed interest rates.
- Dog Breed Selector – “Are you considering bringing a dog into your home, but just can’t decide which one best suits you? Get some help making this important decision, choosing the right dog breed, with this personalized guide. It’s simple: Tell us your preferences, and we’ll match them with a list of dog breeds, in ranked order, that best meet your desires.”
- Dog License (Butler County) information – Purchase online or from a listed agent: West Chester Township – Ace Hardware 7967 Cincinnati Dayton Rd. – 777-4753 (renew by Jan 31 to avoid a penalty)
- Invisible Fence
- Leptospirosis – why do we recommend (and require for boarding and grooming) the vaccine for this?
- Medvet – Medical and Cancer Center for Pets
- Pet Poison Helpline – Pet Poison Helpline is a 24-hour service available throughout North America and the Caribbean for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet. We have the ability to help every pet, with all types of poisonings, 24 hours a day. Our knowledge and expertise will put your mind at ease when dealing with a potential emergency. Pick up a free cling in our office to post on your refrigerator!
- Proper Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- Puppy Mills – Great article on this widespread problem
- Senior Citizens – Health Benefits of pet ownership for seniors – from Caring.com
- Trupanion – medical insurance for your pet!
- Veterinarypartner.com is here to support your veterinarian and you in the care of your companion animals by providing reliable, up-to-date animal health information from the veterinarians and experts of the Veterinary Information Network (VIN), the world’s first and largest online veterinary database and community.